How To Clean Leather:
- Remove dirt build-up by wiping with a clean soft cloth.
- Apply a dime-sized portion of leather cleaner to the cloth.
- Wipe the surface in a gentle circular motion, allowing the leather to absorb the cleaner.
- Remove excess solution with a dry rag.
If your favorite leather bag gets a stain – remember to test a small area on the bag before applying a cleaning solution to the entire surface.
How to Waterproof Leather:
Beeswax is great for waterproofing boots, belts, satchels and other items that will be exposed to the elements. Beeswax repels water and keeps leather soft and supple.
1. Apply the beeswax to the leather in a circular rubbing motion and work the beeswax into the leather.
2. Lightly buff excess beeswax off the leather with a clean, soft cloth, allowing a thin coating of the beeswax to remain on the surface for softening, conditioning and preservation of the leather grain and texture.
3. Avoid letting beeswax build-up and cake in creases and folds which will dull the leather’s natural sheen.